Monday, December 19, 2011

In retrospect

As I complete almost 6 months in an almost 60-year old institute in a 300 year old city where I've spent 24 years of my life...I can't but feel reminiscent of all the good & bad times that I've spent here.From studying in the world's erstwhile biggest school to working in a Fortune-500 Company,from early-morning cricket-coaching to late night working-shifts...Kolkata had it all in store for me.

...the roller-coaster that life is,coincidentally the best & worst phases in my life have happened here ,one after the other.The first being mostly sitting at home & cursing recession...& the next just like the ray of bright light at the end of every dark tunnel...my stint with Cognizant...undoutedly the best tenure in my life.

Having always stayed at South Kolkata,done college & worked at Saltlake,travelling all the way from Kasba to College Street was really taking a toll on me initially.But,now I've started liking the uncanny 'north kolkata'-ambience with it's dilapidated buildings which rarely fall down or it's petty-traffic infested narrow lanes which struggle to avoid accidents...the 'boipara' smell & the cheap food outlets...the congestion doesn't make me claustrophobic anymore.In fact,more importantly,I've started liking being a student once again...the b-school life with all it's aspirations & apprehensions compel me to say 'cheers' to the unpredictability of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment